Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Love, Lattes, and Lunatics

Anyone who knows me knows Starbucks is like my second home. So much so that the people that work there know my order ("Yes I'll have the usual" sounds very posh doesn't it?).

A few weeks ago I started flirting with this maybe 21-22 year old cutie that worked there, and after chatting awhile my friend as a joke gave him my number. Assuming that he would just laugh it off, or be like "hey what's up?" like any normal human being i get quite the opposite.
A week later I get this text saying he has a "couple of things he needs to explain and apologize for" to which i naturally respond "ok what are they?" Of course i get no response. Dismissing the whole situation I visit Starbucks a few times after that, we see each other and he doesn’t attempt to drug my coffee so assume all is dandy.

Until i get the most ridiculous text on earth today:
"It's not you. I'm a colossal fuck-up about all things emotional. I push people away whenever there's a chance they could get close, or if i can't avoid them, I construct a story for them. You must have been hurt waiting for a response. I can't make that better and I'm immensely ashamed of my actions. I'm sorry. I'm probably the last person on earth you want to hear from, but you deserve at least that much by way of explanation; nothing in this was your fault. Rather, it was the fault of my own personal damage, or deep flaws, if damage connotes some external event."

No, I’m not kidding.
I'm sorry, but WHAT THE HELL? Now I'm just sitting here thinking three things:
1. I've talked to this dude maybe 6 times…
2. Who uses a semi-colon in a text?
3. I can never go to that Starbucks again!

All i can say is cannot wait for move in on August 13th and those college boys!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment