Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Table for One

At the beach with the fam this week. We went out to dinner last night at this beautiful restaurant. As we get situated I notice a woman in the table next to us sit down. The hostess takes the other place setting away and I realize, she's eating alone. First I think my god this poor like 60 year old woman must be so sad all alone. But she couldn't seem happier. Even stranger she had no novel to read, laptop to play with or cell phone to pretend to use.
           
That got me thinking about college. When you really think about we are probably going to be eating alone a lot. I mean we all have different class schedules and different activities. If I want to grab a bite between classes do I stroll over to the nearest campus eatery and just..eat? I’ve done my fair share of “reading” or working on my computer at Starbucks or a library but that seems different.

What’s nerve racking as an incoming freshman I don’t even know who the heck I would 'hit up' to have lunch with. They say your first two months of college are the worst socially. I don’t know why this surprises me. I guess I assumed (or hoped to god) that people would just come up to me and start chatting, and hopefully these mysterious ‘people’ would all be really hot guys.

What’s better? Eating alone? Or pulling an awkward: “Hey I’m Beverly! Is anyone sitting here?” Too which I'm sure I will get an icy stare and a dismissing laugh.
I guess we'll figure that out, here’s hoping college is nothing like Mean Girls *fingers crossed*.

-B
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2737865/mishaps-of-two-underage-college-girls?claim=evdx7fjjdag">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment